Wednesday, 10 March 2010

Sybella's cafe St Felix de Lauragais

March 10 has been a day with snow on the ground and below freezing temperatures. Definetly unusual for the south of France. We have been spring cleaning, but I managed to get in a sketch of one of our favourite cafes. Sybella's is on the corner of the square in St Felix. I worked from a scan of a painting I completed last year. It was a reminder of warmer times.




Sybella's cafe

I used my Pitt black drawing pens. I like these and I have a Sepia and Samguine set. They come in packs of four. The four are; Fine, Small, Medium and Bold. The pens are not watersoluble and the different thicknesses really help when it comes to adding tone.





Sybellas 2009
Watercolour
Bockingford Extra Rough 425gsm

Here, stepbystepwatercolour.com. you can try a step-by-step exercise of this painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment